If I were going to rank problems clients present to us in counseling,
I would have to rank “extended family” in the top five.
Is it possible to love and dislike at the same time?
Yes, especially with our dear Siblings, Aunts/Uncles, beloved Parents and even our sweet and loving Grandparents.
The following 5 MAINTENANCE TIPS might serve to assist:
- Establish and discuss written BOUNDARIES as a couple. ( be realistic, be fair)
- Guard your Couple’s “INNER CIRCLE” You – Your Spouse – God (not even the kiddos)
- Regularly schedule time with extended family (this may require compromise)
- Avoid CRITICISM of Extended family and resist DEFENSIVENESS (defensiveness
will only increase friction)
5. Strive to prioritize the MARRIAGE ABOVE ALL (A healthy marriage is a gift to the
These are just a few tips to assist, if you require more attention on this matter, please don’t hesitate to give us a call (970) 490-1309, or visit our website.